Benefits of Membership
• You decide how involved you are but all members get the latest news, updates, and information on upcoming opportunities.
• Opportunity to join YP’s councils, become a YP Ambassador, and other youth leadership and advocacy activities.
• Networking and support for Youth Peer Advocates.
• Training, networking, and support to youth, youth groups, and organizations.
• Receive our newsletter and be a part of our events.
• Safe space to organize and amplify your voice for systems, services, and community change.
• Active members can build their skills, resume, and be more likely to receive scholarships to events!
Who Can Be a Member?
• Young people ages 12-29 with a disability, emotional & behavioral challenges, or experience in New York State systems such as Special Education, Juvenile Justice, Foster Care, or Addiction Recovery. In short, if you are a young person who feels you have been labeled, then you can be a member of YP.
• Young people who live in the State of New York.
• Members who turn 30 are able to remain involved in the network as a Peer Ally/Alumni.
Toll Free: 1-888-326-8644