The Family Needs & Strengths (FANS) assessment and outcome tool for Family Peer Support is derived from the Child Needs & Strengths (CANS), developed by Dr. John Lyons. Seeing the need for a Family Peer Support Services assessment and outcome tool was developed in partnership with New York State Western Region Family Peer Support Services Program Directors, Dr. Lyons, and strongly encouraged and endorsed by New York State Office of Mental Health.
FANS Basic Training
December 4th, 5th & 6th, and 7th 2023
10:00AM – 12:30PM
Families Together in NYS recognizes the challenges Family Peer Support programs and Family Peer Advocates have to access the in-person FANS Basic Training during COVID-19. We understand the importance of keeping staff trained in FANS and serving families. To that end, we have been working diligently to develop a web based abbreviated FANS basic that will allow FPAs to be certified to use the tool for the duration of the New York State on PAUSE executive order.
The following is what we propose:
- Web-based FANS Basic Training which will consist of four – 1 ½ hour sessions with homework after each session.
- A passing grade on the test of 70% or more is required to continue on with the class.
Register in advance for this meeting here
If you are interested in registering for the Virtual FANS Basic Training, contact Nancy Craig at 716-432-6238 or email: email@example.com
FANS Technical Assistance & Learning Community - 2023 Office Hours
- Do you have questions about how to introduce the FANS?
- Are there challenges engaging families in using the FANS tool?
- Learn about updates since you took the original FANS basic class!
- Do you just need a re-fresher class?
- Do you just have questions on how to create goals and plans using the FANS?
- Are you struggling with any part of FANS?
- Do you need support?
- Is it time for Recertification?
Please Join the FANS Technical Assistance Office Hours Learning Community.
Click date to register
December 13, 2023
Register in advance for meetings.
Questions: Call Nancy Pierce 716-432-6238 firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions & general information about FANS contact:
Nancy Craig, Director of Community & Systems Engagement