Adult allies and partners are important for a successful youth voice movement. In order to support this, Youth Power offers a variety of FREE trainings for adult allies and partners. These trainings can be customized and created by request. Additionally, each Regional Youth Partner offers unique trainings available in their region based on their experience and expertise. Stay tuned for the regional training flyers and contact your local Regional Youth Partner for more information.
Training topics for adult allies and partners include, but are not limited to:
- Why Youth Involvement and Empowerment?
- The How To’s of Youth Guided Practice
- Youth-Adult Partnerships
- Evaluating Your Readiness
- Foundations for Youth Involvement
- Strategies for Engaging, Supporting, and Sustaining Youth Involvement
- Supporting Self-Advocacy
- Planning for the Future
- Understanding Youth Culture
- Implementing Youth Peer Support
- COMING SOON: Supervising Youth Peer Advocates