Family Empowerment Week
March 1 - March 5
Join families and young people across New York State for a week of advocacy about topics and issues that are important to you!
Families Together in New York State will be hosting training sessions and town halls where families and youth will be able to speak directly with important legislators and change-makers in New York State government. These events will take place throughout the week. Sign up to attend or even participate as a speaker and ambassador in these town halls. Let your voice be heard about the issues that matter most to families and youth!
Monday, March 1st, 2021
FAMILY EMPOWERMENT DAY
This general session will give you a chance to:
- Network with other families and young people with lived experience.
- Hear powerful speakers and awardees.
- Learn how to affectively engage with legislators and government officials.
- Learn about important policy issues and get involved!
- Discover how you can make a difference in your community!
Tuesday March, 2nd to Friday, March 5th
Town Halls are a chance for families and youth to gain a better understanding of specified topics and how to shape policy. The following topics are being considered for town halls:
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse
- Child Welfare
- Juvenile Justice
- Developmental Disability
For More information, click here